How to improve indoor air quality?
In chiller months when the outside temperature does not exceed the freezing point many people ask themselves a question ''How to maintain indoor air quality without overcooling the living space?''. Indoor air quality tends to be worse in the winter months because there is often no flow of fresh air from the outside, meaning allergens stay trapped inside.
Stale indoor air and heating systems can increase the amount of allergy-inducing dust mites, pet dander, and mold spores circulating through your house and it's important to be aware of some of the allergy and respiratory triggers that may be lurking in your surroundings.
Improving indoor air quality can help you avoid asthma and allergy symptoms and keep you breathing easy through the colder months. Every simple change can help you eliminate some of the impurities and allergens inside your living space and hopefully it will help you avoid potential respiratory problems.
So how to improve air quality?
- Clean and vacuum your living spaces regularly: carpets, curtains, beddings, furniture and any goods that can accumulate dust and allergens particularly if you have pets.
- Maintain your ventilation equipment: If you have a forced-air heating system, be certain to change the filters regularly. Electrostatic filters can help ensure that dust and other airborne irritants get trapped instead of being recirculated throughout your home.
- Keep the greenery outdoors: While plants produce and release oxygen, they also produce a lot of allergens which can deteriorate indoor air quality.
- Make sure you have enough fresh air: Even in the cold months, open windows from time to time to allow fresh air to move into the house: Open as many windows as possible to cause so-called forced ventilation. In this way you will not cool the rooms too much, but you will give them a fresh bundle of clean air.
- Invest in air purifiers: Air purifiers help you maintain an optimal level of air quality. Place it in the most commonly used areas of the house, these devices, in particular ionic purifiers, can help capture some of the irritants that may trigger your symptoms. On the market there are many providers who offer you air purifiers for hundreds of dollars but you don’ t have to spend that amount of money to buy an air purifier. Check our offer and we assure you that our BREATH Premium Air Purifier will meet your expectation.
Remember: WE ARE WHAT WE BREATHE!